Translate

Friday, April 11, 2008

Lunch with good friends

No Exit II
24"x16"
Acrylic on canvas

It's always nice to get away from the studio every once in a while. Yesterday I met three of my good artist friends for lunch at Sandella's, a neat little cafe at Southlake Town Square in Southlake, Texas.

Judy Mackey and Nancy Medina are great palette knife painters. Their lovely florals and landscapes grace the walls of the cafe. Although they work with the same materials, their styles are completely different. I hope you'll check out their websites.

Kim Norris is a potter. Her amazing, hand-crafted works are popular at all the local art festivals. I'm impressed that she is able to create a huge volume of work, teach, garden and also work part-time for American Airlines. Her energy comes through in her work! Be sure to see the pictures of her 2007 Garden Show. I missed it last year but definitely will be there for her next show!

After a couple of dreary, stormy days here in Keller, I'll be spending this beautiful day in the studio. Getting together yesterday is motivating me to get back to work again!

No Exit II is available through eBay. Hope you check it out.

To see my entire portfolio, please visit my website!

1 comment:

JudyMackeyart said...

Hi Fil,

I had fun getting with you all too. I look forward to our next "meeting". Artist tend to get alittle hermit-like so it is nice to get out and exchange ideas.

Judy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails