Translate

Monday, September 28, 2009

Bits and Pieces

I am so excited because I was able to create a video and post it on YouTube!! I know all you young whippersnappers are wondering what the big deal is all about but for someone my age, I think this is pretty amazing.

I've been busy experimenting with some newer techniques that I've been dying to play with. Over the years I've managed to collect all kinds of ephemera that I thought I could use in my art at some point. Well, I rummaged through bins in my studio closet and came up with interesting "bits and pieces", thus the title for this painting. I discovered that cardboard packing can be made to look like corrogated metal. I love the textural look, and feel, of this painting. After composing the piece and adhering the various materials to the canvas, I added more texture with acrylic gels and molding paste. By applying thin glazes of color and spattering water and/or alcohol, I was able to create interesting effects, always allowing the underpainting to show through.

I hope you'll check out this little video...the first of many, I hope. It was a lot of fun to make and a neat way to showcase a painting.

Visit my website to see my entire portfolio.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails