Translate

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fields and Stream

Fields and Stream
30"x40"x1.5"
Acrylic on Canvas
Recently we flew from our home in central Texas to see family in Florida for Christmas. As the plane rose in the air, I was amazed at how much the landscape reminded me of a patchwork quilt. The villages and towns were clustered together and separated by vast expanses of fields, some already plowed and ready for spring. The streams seemed to stitch the patchwork together.
Although I started this painting in my usual manner, with no particular subject in mind, it soon began to evolve into the image that I saw out of the plane window. It's funny how things we experience are permanently imbedded in our brains even though we can't always recall them at will.
If you are interested in this painting or any other that I have available on my website, please contact me at fil@filomenabooth.com.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails