Translate

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Desert Heat - Original Contemporary Abstract Palette Knife Painting by Texas Artist - Filomena de Andrade Booth

Desert Heat
30"x24"x.75"
Acrylic on Canvas
Lately I've been playing around with applying heavy layers of paint with a huge palette knife. I love the consistency of the thick paint and have been experimenting with a variety of acrylic mediums.
Please visit my website to see more of my original abstract paintings.
Subscribe to my newsletter.
This painting is currently available for sale. Click here for more details.
Filomena de Andrade Booth
Contemporary Abstract Artist

4 comments:

LindaHunt said...

I share your love of thick paint...The value and variety of colors is really very nice!

Filomena Booth said...

Thank you Linda! I've done palette knife paintings in oils years ago but hadn't tried acrylics. It's nice that the mediums slow down the drying time so that you can blend the colors a bit. I love the texture!

Dario said...

Excellent site I congratulate you, I share with you my blogs where observe my work.

http://kamenabstracto.blogspot.com/

Excelente pagina te felicito, comparto con usted mi blogs donde observara mis trabajos.

http://kamenabstracto.blogspot.com/

Filomena Booth said...

Gracias Dario!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails