Translate

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Another painting in progress by Filomena de Andrade Booth - Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

I'm enjoying taking pictures of my work in progress!  It gives me a chance to look back and see the changes and adjustments I make as I paint.  Here is my latest painting. 
 This is my prepped canvas.  I gessoed over a painting that just wasn't working out for me.  The gesso was applied thickly and then scraped with a notched tool to give it some texture.  The canvas is 30"x36".
I made just a couple of additions to this but I think it looks pretty finished to me.

Someone asked me recently about inspiration.  I don't always start out with a particular inspiration or idea for a painting, although as I start applying the paint to the canvas, the "inspiration" comes.  I try not to be too "boxed" in to a particular idea.  When I do, the painting usually turns out looking very tight and forced.  I like it to just flow freely.  I also try not to repeat the same theme, although this one is based on another painting - Interlude.

Visit my website to see more of my original abstract paintings.
Contact me for purchase information.
Subscribe to my monthly e-newsletter.

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails