Translate

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Daydream - Original Abstract Painting by Texas Contemporary Artist Filomena Booth

The Daydream
40"x36"x1.5"
Acrylic on Canvas

This is my latest painting.  It is heavily textured with thick layers of color that were applied with a large palette knife.  The problem with working with acrylics on a large canvas is that the paint sets up pretty fast and makes blending nearly impossible.  As I applied the paint, mixed with a variety of mediums, I used my hands and fingers to blend the paint directly on the canvas.  Sometimes the best tools are right at "hand".

This painting will be available through ArtfulhomeContact me if you have any questions.

See more of my original abstract paintings on my website.

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails