Translate

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Come Sunrise - Original Abstract Painting by Texas Contemporary Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth

Come Sunrise
36"x36"x1.5"
Acrylic on Canvas

Last week I stretched and textured several new canvases.  Seeing them sit in the studio, inspires me to pick them up and set them up on the easel.  I started this painting by applying several washes of color to establish the composition.  I slowly built up the layers as I scaped and washed out areas to expose underlying colors.  I love how the texture of the canvas changes the way light bounces off the surface, creating even more interest.

To see more of my work, please visit my website.
Contact me for more information about this painting.

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails