Translate

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Prelude to Spring - Original Abstract Painting by Texas Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth

Prelude to Spring
36"x36"x1.5'
Acrylic on Canvas

This is a commissioned painting I just completed for a client.  The colors are very soft and muted on a very textured canvas.  I started out by using a palette knife to apply the paint on the canvas and finished by applying glazes of color to create a softer look.  I "washed" the pink in the middle of the painting and did a little spraying with water to create some texture.  Overall, I'm very pleased with this painting and hope the client will too.

Click here to see my YouTube video of this painting.

Visit my website to see my entire portfolio of original abstract paintings.

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails