Translate

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Totem - Original Abstract Acrylic Modern Art Contemporary Painting by Filomena de Andrade Booth Texas Contemporary Artist

Totem
36"x36"x1.5"
Acrylic on canvas


Sometimes it's amazing how much we can accomplish once we put our minds to it.  I had stretched and prepped three large canvases a couple of days ago.  So, yesterday I had no excuses not to buckle down and paint in the studio.  With soft music in the background, I tackled this large white expanse and just started to paint.  As I continued, it began to evolve and eventually "speak" for itself.  It's a little hard to see the subtle color blending in this image but I was very pleased with the final result.  By the time "Totem" announced that it was finished, it was 3:00 in the afternoon and I had actually forgotten to eat lunch.  I need to have that happen more often!!

Click here to visit my website.

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails