Translate

Friday, August 31, 2012

Southern Breeze - Original Abstract Painting by Texas Contemporary Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth

Southern Breeze
24"x24"x.75"
Acrylic on Canvas


After a bit of time away from my studio, I finally decided to tackle a new abstract painting.  I've worked in this particular style before and it's refreshing to go back to it again.  Lots of glazed layers of color, splashes of water to wash out color, incised calligraphic symbols, stenciling, and scrubbing out of some areas are just some of the methods I used in creating this painting.  It's a thoroughly intuitive technique and a lot of fun to explore all the possibilities that can develop.  I added a glazing of iridescent gold to some of the lighter areas of the painting.  Unfortunately the golden gleam of the glaze doesn't show up in this picture.  The sides are painted so that framing isn't needed.  The painting is wired and ready to hang.

Visit my website to see more of my original abstract paintings.
Click here to get my monthly art newsletter!

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Contemporary Abstract Artist

 






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails