Translate

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Original Abstract Painting by Texas Contemporary Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth


Today, I'm working on two hardwood panels that I started sometime last year.  They've been sitting around in the studio for quite a while and were begging for some attention.  Stretching new canvases will have to wait while I decide what to do with these panels.  I'm finding that the cooler temperature in the studio is making the paint take much longer to dry.  The temptation to paint over partly dry paint is overwhelming
but I need to be patient or I might end up with mud, as the layers lift off the hard surface of the panel.

I've done some stenciling and applied several thin glazes over the surface.  My intent is to create a minimalist, ethereal looking piece.  I might add collage and other textural elements as I go along.  But as it dries, I think I'll just go ahead and stretch canvas in case this experiment gets put aside for another year!

*****

Original abstract painting
by
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist
Filomena de Andrade Booth

Visit my website to see more of my original abstract paintings!

Click here to get my monthly art newsletter!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails