Translate

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

In Progress - Day 1 - Original Abstract Painting by Texas Contemporary Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth

Day 1

This is a new painting I started this morning.  I started out by covering an old painting with a layer of white gesso, to build up texture on the canvas.  When the gesso was completely dry, I made wide, sweeping gesture marks on the canvas with a black Caran d'Arche crayon.  To add more texture and to "veil" some of the markings, I made a mixture of gloss medium, slow-dri blending medium and a little bit of gesso and painted out some of the lines.  I didn't worry too much about being neat as I "sloshed" the paint on the canvas.  At this point in the painting process, I'm only thinking about establishing a structure that will be the underpinning of the finished painting.  Some of the marks will show through and others will not.

Stay tuned to my next post to see the progress!

Original abstract painting
by
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist
Filomena de Andrade Booth

Click here to see more of my original abstract paintings.


Click here to get my monthly art newsletter!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Chapman said...

Looking forward to seeing this painting progress!!

Filomena Booth said...

LOL, yeah, me too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails