Translate

Monday, August 12, 2013

Bright New Day - Original Abstract Painting by Texas Contemporary Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth

Bright New Day 
Acrylic on canvas
40" x 30" x 1.5"

I painted this work in 2011 shortly after my mom had passed away.  I had been away from the studio for quite a while and needed to do something different to express my feelings at the time.  I felt that I needed a new start and decided to work in a totally different way than I normally do. 

I began this painting by pouring Golden Fluid acrylics on to the canvas and using a rubber brayer to blend the colors.  Saran wrap and bubble wrap placed over the wet color created interesting patterns on the canvas.  It was a good beginning to get me back to painting again.

The painting is available through my website.

Prints of this painting are available. Click here for more information.
Click here to get my monthly art newsletter!


Original abstract painting
by
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist
Filomena de Andrade Booth
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails