Translate

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Bright New Day by Filomena de Andrade Booth Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

40"x30"x1.5"
Acrylic on Canvas
$2500

This painting symbolizes a new start for me this year. 2011 has been a difficult year due to the illness and death of my beloved mom.  Even though I am already in my mid-60's, it is still difficult to accept the fact that someone who's been there always, is now gone.

I'm finally beginning to see the light at the end of the seemingly eternal tunnel of details that need to be wrapped up.  Personal items need to be sorted through, a home needs to be sold and so many countless decisions to be made.

But, it's a new year now and a new beginning is in sight.  

This vibrant, acrylic painting was an experiment with a different way to apply paint to canvas.  I started by squirting fluid acrylics directly to the canvas and then brushing to blend the colors.  While the paint was still liquid, I decided to do some monoprinting using a variety of materials to establish the composition. In the end, I was pretty pleased with the result.

Please visit my website to see more of my original abstract paintings.

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails