Translate

Monday, December 1, 2008

Back Again...

Morning Song
24"x30" acrylic on canvas

I've been away from my studio for a couple of weeks and I have to be honest, it was hard going up there to paint after such a long time. My motivation seemed to be gone and the longer I stayed away, the more difficult it was to get back in the groove again. But, today I decided to start painting instead of thinking about painting.

As you can see, this one is quite different from my usual work. We all get into a "rut" sometimes and I think it's a good idea to break out occasionally and try something very different. It forces the creative juices to flow again after a bout of "artists' block".

This painting is available right now on Ebay. Check out my website to see the rest of my portfolio.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Fil, this is beautiful. I am smitten. All my favorite colors and some whimsey, too.
hugs

r garriott said...

Yes, very beautiful! Love the purples and greens together, and the way some of the color goes outside the lines. Someone will be lucky to own this piece!

Christine's Arts said...

Wow! I love this piece! Your design is genius.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails