Translate

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Transformations...painting in progress






Occasionally I like to take pictures of my work as it evolves on the easel.  I don't always know where I'm going when I start, but I usually know when I get there.

Here is the canvas with a few guide lines establishing the structure, composition of the painting and some preliminary color.  At this point, I'm not too worried about the colors I'm using. 











A little more paint and the composition begins to emerge.














I decided to add bolder color...some hot pink and yellow orange.












More color and more glazes.




At this point I was begining to think that I was almost finished but this is where I needed a second opinion.  I asked my critic, my husband, what he thought.  He confirmed my feeling that it needed something more.

I decided to tie the whole thing together with a thin glaze of Quinacridone Gold mixed with a little Raw Umber.  Before the glaze began to set, I wiped out circles, exposing the underlying colors.

Here is the finished piece:

Transformations
40"x36"x1.5"
Acrylic on Canvas

This painting will be available through ArtQuiver very soon.

Please contact me for information about my work.
Visit my website to see my entire portfolio.

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails