Translate

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Between the Lines by Filomena de Andrade Booth Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

Between the Lines
40"x36"x1.5"
Acrylic on Canvas

This is my first painting of the new year and I'm excited to finally be getting back into the studio.  I started this painting on a recycled canvas, that is, an old painting that was gessoed over and made "new" again.  I like the hints of color and texture that show through under the coat of gesso.  Somehow that helps to establish the direction of a new painting.

As this painting developed, I started to make stronger definitions with various shades of white but always making sure to allow the under-painted colors to show through.  Although it may not show in this picture, this painting is actually very colorful, almost playful, with lots of rhythmic movement to move the eye across the canvas.

Please contact me for more information about this painting.

Visit my website to see more of my original abstract paintings.

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails