Translate

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wind From the West - Original Abstract Painting by Texas Contemporary Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth

Wind From the West
24"x30"x1.5"
Acrylic on Canvas


We've had a couple of  days of heavy rain, which we badly needed here in Central Texas.  The days were cold and gloomy, making it impossible for me to paint, as I much prefer natural light.  This morning the sun came out and lit up my studio with glorious light.  I had some prepared canvases on hand and, as soon as I had my morning coffee, got to work right away.  The painting practically painted itself...I love when that happens!  When it finally declared itself finished, I stepped back and couldn't help seeing a bank of fog and swirling tide rolling in with an approaching storm.  We all see different things in an abstract painting, but this is what I saw this morning.

Original abstract painting
by
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist
Filomena de Andrade Booth

Please contact me for additional information

Click here to get my monthly art newsletter!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails