Translate

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Stretched, primed and ready to go! Original Contemporary Abstract Painting by Texas Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth


I finally took some time out to stretch new canvases, prime and texture them and lay them out to dry in the warm sun today.  This was a "chore" I had been putting off, but because I had actually run out of canvases to paint, it needed to be done.

Some artists prefer to buy their canvases already prepared, but because I like to work fairly large and in assorted shapes and sizes, I always stretch my own canvases.  I started doing this out of necessity when I was in college and, over the years, have become pretty proficient at it.  I told one of my artist friends that I actually enjoy and find the process "therapeutic", not to mention that it saves quite a bit of money.  

Now I'm ready to go on to the next step...painting!

If you've never stretched your own canvas, here is a helpful tutorial:




Original abstract painting
by
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist
Filomena de Andrade Booth

Visit my website to see my entire portfolio of original abstract paintings.

Click here to get my monthly art newsletter!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails