Translate

Monday, December 11, 2017


Moody Blues
36" x 36" x 1.5"
Acrylic on canvas


Like every artist I know, I sometimes have to talk myself into getting into the studio to paint.  I don't know why that is, because I love to be in there.  It's my "happy" place.  But, life seems to get in the way.  There's always shopping to do, piles of wash to take care of and a myriad of other things that are part of our daily life.  But, other times, when those chores are done, we still tend to procrastinate and find excuses to avoid doing what we love most.

We recently had a couple of stormy, dreary days and I had almost decided that the lighting in the studio would too poor to paint.  Although the day was gloomy and the light in the studio wasn't the best, I went ahead and tried to translate that feeling into something on the canvas.  I'm glad I did!  The result was Moody Blues, inspired by the weather, but who knows, maybe on some night in white satin something new will emerge from the canvas!

I have this quote from Chuck Close in my studio...
“Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightening to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself.”
*****
Join me at The Villages, Florida for my next
Go Big Go Bold Abstract Painting Workshop
January 28 - 31, 2018
*****
For information on my 3 day Private Abstract Painting Workshops, click here!
*****
My paintings are sold through several online art galleries, but if you'd like to purchase directly from me, please click here to see the work I currently have available.  I offer a 20% discount for direct purchases!  Free Shipping within the US!
*****
#abstract #abstractexpressionism #abstracts #modernart #contemporaryart #originalart #walldecor #art #artiststudio #art4sale #interiordesign #interiordesignart #floridaartist #creative #creativity #artistwork #painting #paintings #paintingsforsale #filomenaboothart #paintingworkshops #invernessflorida

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails