Translate

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Winter's Tale...in June!

A Winter's Tale
30"x30"x.75"
Acrylic on Canvas

I started this painting a couple of days ago but things just weren't working out. I contemplated just gessoing the whole thing over and starting again. I layered diluted gesso to create a veil of white over some of the areas I wasn't happy with. This morning, as I studied the painting and prepared to do something with it, I decided to reinforce the light areas with a mixture of titan buff and raw umber. The painting started to come alive again and with some more tweaking and a couple of sprays from my water bottle, it was done.

Deciding on a title for the painting took more time than I expected. Most times, something just pops into my mind. This painting reminded me of a cold winter day. I pulled a copy of Shakespeare's works from my book shelf and just randomly opened it. There it was! A Winter's Tale!!!

I just listed the painting for sale on eBay with a starting price of $99.00 and a reserve of $275.00.

Check out my website for more original paintings.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails