Translate

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Petroglyphs

Petroglyphs
24"x36".75"
Acrylic/Mixed-media
I completed this new painting a couple of days ago. The textured surface of the canvas is enhanced with bits of rice paper collage, a skeletanized leaf, stampings, rub-outs and a few other experimental techniques that I made up along the way. The intriguing thing about painting freely and not having any preconceived ideas is that the painting dictates the direction it wants to take rather than me "whipping" it into submission.
Deciding when the painting is finished is sometimes a bit difficult. But, I've learned that there is a certain point when "we" (the painting and me) decide to stop. I deliberately let this painting look a little unfinished because I wanted the rough look of grafitti on a stone wall.
Petroglyph is available on my website.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails