Translate

Monday, September 7, 2009

Carnival

Carnival
24"x24"x.75
Acrylic/Mixed-media
I love happy accidents! I originally started this painting as a companion piece to my "Journey Back" series. But, as so often happens, the painting decided to take an entirely different direction. As I continued to build up the textured surface of the canvas, new elements began to emerge. Little bits of my original idea still peek out of certain areas, but "Carnival" has a totally different look and feel.
Not knowing exactly where I'll end up when I start a painting is exciting. It's a lot like life...we make plans but sometimes life has different ideas for us. Wisdom is knowing when to go with the flow!
You can see this painting and many others that I have available on my website.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails