Translate

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rays of Light - in progress



I started this painting several days ago and, in between a series of interruptions, was able to finish it today.  The canvas was heavily textured with a variety of mediums as well as a failed painting that I gessoed over.  I always like to start with some sort of line work to help me establish the composition.  Whether I decide to stick to that, is anybody's guess.
                                                                                                                         

I continued to apply glazes of color to the canvas.  It's hard to see in these shots, but there are a lot of subtle variations in the color and depth of the tones.

                                                                                                                                 




I think it's finished.  Tomorrow I'll try to
take better pictures, if it's not so miserably
cold outside!








2 comments:

Cori Lynn Berg said...

It really is so amazing to be able to see how you get from point A to point B with your paintings... thank you for taking time to document the process.

Marcia said...

I love, love, love seeing the process. Lovely work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails