Translate

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Morning Sun - Original Abstract Painting by Texas Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth

Morning Sun
30"x30"x1.5"
Acrylic on Canvas

Here are some "in progress" shots of this painting. 




I textured the canvas heavily with modeling paste before washing in the color.  To create movement and a composition, I "drew" in line work with black paint.  At this point, the painting began to suggest plant forms blowing in the wind.  I blocked in more color and obliterated areas with gesso.  As the painting developed, I started to define the forms with heavier layers of paint.  

I enjoy experimenting with textures and watching the painting develop as I play with the various elements until I'm finally satisfied with the result.

Click here to see my entire portfolio of original abstract paintings.

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist



1 comment:

CMC said...

nice progression of your process, Filomena...........I always enjoy seeing the process...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails