Translate

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

In Progress "Running Free" - Original Abstract Horse Painting by Texas Contemporary Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth





This is a new painting I started yesterday and I'm sure you'll agree that it's a little different from most of my work!  I've been needing to be re-energized lately and found just what I needed this weekend.  

I signed up for a workshop taught by my good friend Nancy Medina.  We met in scenic Fredericksburg, TX, ate great food, had fun with new friends and learned from a master!  Nancy is an award winning floral artist.  Her floral paintings are spectacular and it's such a treat to watch her bring each painting to life.  She works exclusively in oils, a medium I haven't touched in many years.  Experimenting with a medium that I'm not accustomed to using,  forced me to "think out of the box" and set my creative juices flowing again.  

These are a few shots I took as I started working on this painting.  It's a pretty big canvas - 48"x36".  I love the energy in this one so far.  Tomorrow I'll post the finished painting. 

Original abstract painting
by
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist
Filomena de Andrade Booth


Visit my website to see more of my original abstract paintings.

Click here to get my monthly art newsletter!








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails