Translate

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dawn

Dawn
24"x30"x.75"
Acrylic on Canvas
$300.00


Did I mention that I like texture in my paintings? I guess I like running my fingers across the surface of a painting - it's just not enough to look at it, I want to touch the brushstrokes. Unfortunately museums don't like that much.


A couple of years ago, my husband and I went to the Dallas Museum of Art. One of the pieces on display was a long sand dune spread across the floor. There were mirrors set up about a foot apart and sticking out of the sand. I walked around this "masterpiece" for quite awhile before I realized that the mirrors reflected the dune. In my curiosity to discover what was so interesting about this particular piece, I didn't realize that I was standing on it! A guard quickly came over to warn me to step back. Whatever damage I created could easily be fixed with a broom. I'm glad I wasn't arrested for art theft - there were a few grains of sand stuck to my shoes!


Anyway, feel free to touch my art...I don't mind.
Check out some more paintings for sale on my website.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails