Translate

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Autumn Mist

Autumn Mist - $325.00

Here is the latest of my textured, abstract paintings. I started off by texturing the canvas with various acrylic mediums - gesso, modeling paste, gels and collaged materials. When it was all dry, I began to block in color. The canvas sat around in my studio for a couple of days before I decided to tackle it again. Actually, it looked pretty bad and I had to paint gesso over some areas, just to clear it up and give me a better starting point.

After playing around with several experimental techniques such as alcohol splashes, wipe-outs and scraping, a structure began to emerge. This is always the point I love the most - the painting begins to define itself and all I have to do is encourage it along.

The painting measures 24"x30"x.75". It is wired and ready to hang. Framing is not needed and a Certificate of Authenticity is included. Free shipping to US.

Visit my website to see more of my work.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails