Translate

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 2 - In Progress - Original Abstract Painting by Texas Contemporary Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth

Day 2

This is the result of the second day's work on this painting. I started by laying in color over the original "gridwork" of day 1.  I used a mix of gloss medium, slow-dry medium and clear mixing glaze to create glazes of color and to help slow down the quick drying acrylics.  I also sprayed water on the still wet acrylic to help blend the colors.  In some areas, I wiped out color, exposing underlying color and marks from day 1.  As I worked, I continued to make more markings on the canvas with the black crayon.

The beauty of painting like this is that everything is a discovery and I never know where I'll end up.

Stay tuned for Day 3

Original abstract painting
by
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist
Filomena de Andrade Booth

Click here to see more of my original paintings.

Click here to get my monthly art newsletter!

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails