Translate

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Opposing Forces - Original Abstract Painting by Texas Contemporary Artist Filomena de Andrade Booth

Opposing Forces
36"x40"x1.5"
Acrylic on Canvas


In my last post I chronicled the journey of  my painting process.  The painting was a failure, at least I was not happy with it.  Thankfully, I don't give up easily, so I applied a heavy coat of gesso to the canvas and scraped through the wet gesso to create even more texture.

When the canvas was dry, I started layering more paint and scrubbing out areas to reveal the underlying layers of color.  Finally, after several hours of work, I was finally satisfied with the result.

Thank you for all the encouraging comments while I wrestled with this painting.  This process is something that we artists deal with every day.  Some days everything just seems to fall into place, but other days you feel like tearing your hair out.  But, I feel that every struggle results in learning new lessons.  And, as they say, when you stop learning, you're dead!


Original abstract painting
by
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist
Filomena de Andrade Booth

Prints of this painting are now available.
Click here for more information.

Subscribe to my monthly art newsletter!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails