Translate

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Filomena de Andrade Booth - Contemporary Fine Art Painting

Like most artists, we like to spend most of our day creating art.  Nothing wrong with that at all, except that after a while the backlog of our efforts can begin to overwhelm us.  Although I sell my work regularly, the outgo isn't keeping up with the incoming.  If you come to my home, you'll see paintings hanging on walls in every room...bathrooms included.  I've been keeping one of the spare guest rooms as a sort of storeroom for unsold paintings that are waiting for their new homes.  The canvases were stacked against the walls and I became concerned that they might get scuffed and damaged from being stored improperly.

Hubby to the rescue!!

I did a bit of online research and came across a few solutions to the storage problem.  Not wanting to build anything permanent that would involve nailing racks to the walls, I found a simple solution to the problem.  I presented the idea to my hubby and he did a bit of redesigning (he's an engineer) to come up with this handy, dandy rolling rack that can be folded flat when not in use.  He built two of them for me.  Each rack accommodates 12 canvases on 1.5" stetcher bars.  Suddenly, this messy spare bedroom looked neat and organized!

Here are some pictures of the canvas racks he made for me






Isn't it great!!  I'm so impressed with my talented hubby!

If you have a talented hubby or if you're pretty handy yourself and would like to build your own rolling canvas rack. please click here to get instructions.  We will send you a detailed PDF with lots of pictures so that you can get your spare bedroom or studio organized like I did.  The cost for these easy to follow instuctions is only $12.

Visit my website to see more of my artwork

Subscribe to my art newsletter

*****
canvas rack, art storage, studio storage, 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails