Translate

Monday, February 11, 2008

Wayfarer

Wayfarer
Acrylic on Canvas
16"x24"
I've been trying hard to get back on a regular painting schedule. After a bout with the flu and a couple of other family problems, I think I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Like most artists, sometimes I go through a "dry" spell. Getting away from the studio for a while helps get me over the "hump", but eventually I really start to miss my daily routine.

I've written before about interruptions that cause delays or even gaps in creativity. Being an artist is like any other job. We need to devote time strictly to our art. Phone calls, emails, children, sickness, etc. are all creativity killers. I'm guilty of letting everyday interruptions keep me from my work. So, with that said, I'm going to paint today!

I finished this painting a couple of days ago. It's currently listed on eBay. Check out my website too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails