Translate

Monday, May 11, 2009

Time Flies...

Spirit
30"x30" Acrylic


They say "time flies when you're having fun", or is it "time's fun when you're having flies", according to Kermit the Frog?
I didn't realize how long it's been since I've written anything on this blog. The last time I posted anything was on my birthday, Jan. 28. Only my pals know how ancient I really am! Anyway, it's been a very long time since I've done any painting at all and it wasn't from lack of motivation. Things have been rather hectic due to my husband's recent job change. He was very fortunate to find work in his field within a very short time after being laid off. We were also fortunate that the new job is in the same state - Texas. Unfortunately, driving more than 100 miles each way did not appeal to my husband very much. So, last winter we started searching for a new home and my main priority was that I needed a decent studio space.
After searching online for a couple of weeks, I happened to find a great home in China Spring in the heart of Texas hill country. To my complete surprise, it had a media room that was easily converted to my studio. The large windows overlooking a meadow and woods are every artist's dream! Putting our Keller home on the market in today's uncertain economy was a bit of a risk but we did sell the place within four months. We also moved my husband's elderly mother in with us. So, as you can see, I have perfectly good excuses for not blogging or painting lately.
I completed the above painting a few days ago and just listed it on Ebay. I'm testing the waters to see if things are picking up. I hope you will visit my listing and if you're in the need of a great painting to brighten up your walls, just let me know. My brushes are raring to go!!
"Spirit" is listed with a reserve price of $250.00 with free shipping.


4 comments:

nancy said...

Fill, Welcome back! A lovely painting. Glad your house sold in such short time. Good for you!
NAncy

nancy said...

second try to post, I got error the first time.

JudyMackeyart said...

Beautiful! You're baaaaack!!
I love the colors in this one.
Happy Painting!!
Judy

Filomena Booth said...

Thank you Nancy and Judy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails