Translate

Monday, April 16, 2012

Original Abstract Acrylic Modern Art Contemporary Painting by Filomena de Andrade Texas Contemporary Artist



Morning Mist
Two 8"x10"x2" 
Mixed media on cradled panels

I recently bought several small cradled panels at Michaels.  They were on sale and I was excited about creating something on a different surface for a change.  This is the second set of small paintings I've done on these panels.

I love the smooth surface of the panels but decided to apply a heavy textured coat of molding paste to give me lots of "hills and valleys" to experiment with.  I like the way light plays across the uneven surfaces.  Layer upon layer of thin glazes allowed me to build up the colors as well as reveal the tones in the underlying layers.

Click here to see my entire portfolio of original abstract paintings

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist


1 comment:

JudyMackeyart said...

I like these - a sweet pair to liven up a wall. Love the muted colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails