Translate

Friday, April 13, 2012

Work in Progress - Original Abstract Acrylic Modern Art Contemporary Painting by Filomena de Andrade Texas Contemporary Artist



This is what I'm starting out with this morning.  I spent most of yesterday getting these four panels ready.  I had them sitting in the studio for about a year.  They had been primed and textured, so they were ready to go.  

I began by laying in color to establish some sort of composition.  I like to layer colors and then partly wash them away, exposing the layers beneath.  Adding glazes of color also increases the depth and enhances the texture that is on the surface. 

I'll add more updates as I go along.  Stay tuned!

Please click here to see my entire portfolio.

Filomena de Andrade Booth
Texas Contemporary Abstract Artist

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails